Monday, April 15, 2013

Entering the Blogosphere

Hi. My name is Tori. I am a avid blog reader and lurker, but this is my first foray into actual blogging. What do I have to add to the blogosphere?  Hopefully a unique perspective on how to make your home and life look like Traditional Home on a DIY budget.

My house is my laboratory. I believe that ANY home can be amazing with a little thought and energy. And any person can do DIY projects with a little planning and guts. My patient family doesn't even blink an eye when they come home to find their room a different color, the furniture moved, or a new project in the works.

Warning: I will NEVER present $100-yard fabric ideas, directions to have cabinetry custom-milled, or furniture available only "to-the-trade."  Everything in my house is something collected, inherited, found, or salvaged. Ebay and outlets are my friends. So are Homegoods and Costco.  The key to good design is to figure out what you like and then figure out how to create it.  Join me on my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment